Pakistan is blessed with areas of matchless beauty and Fairy Meadows is the place which can be considered as one of the most beautiful in northern mountain region. A hiking trip to the base camp of Nanga Parbat from Fairy Meadows.
Fairy Meadows Tour Day 1: Islamabad– Besham – Chilas (470km/11-12hrs)
- We depart early and drive to Bisham via Abbottabad and Mansehra.
- After a short break at Bisham, we resume our drive on Karakoram Highway, along River Indus.
- We will make photo stops at Shatial Rocks with ancient graffiti on it.
- We reach Chillas or Boni Das and transfer to hotel for night stay.
Fairy Meadows Tour Day 2: Chilas – Raikot Bridge – Excursion
- From Chillas we travel on towards Raikot Bridge.
- We shall cross the Indus River at Raikot Bridge then will reach proceed toward Tato Village Via Jeep.
- Start drive towards our destination, Fairy Meadows, which is a great but soft adventure.
- Fairy Meadows is located at the base camp of Nanga Parbat - 8125m, the lone giant of Himalayas and the second highest in Pakistan after K-2 From the end of jeep track, it is a hike of about three hours to the legendary place Fairy meadows, which is truly named with unsurpassed views of Nanga Parbat.
- At fairy Meadows tents or log cabins are available for accommodation.
- Arrival, Lunch and overnight stay at Fairy Meadows Camps or Log Cabins.
Fairy Meadows Tour Day 3: Fairy Meadows - Nanga Parbat Base Camp
- After breakfast, we will start hike towards Beyal Camp and then arrival at Nanga Parbat Base Camp.
- A soft trek of two to three hours, walking through the dense pine forest and later through birch trees and along shallow streams, takes us to Beyal, a summer settlement of shepherds with stunning views of Nanga Parbat - 8125m.
- Optional hike to Nanga Parbat base camp crossing tails of glaciers with well identified track. At base camp, a monument had been erected in the memory of climbers died on the mountain.
- After a packed cold picnic lunch at base camp, we will return to our campsite at Fairy Meadows and enjoy a unique and memorable night at the foot of Nanga Parbat and in the land of fairies with bonfire& Traditional Music.
Fairy Meadows Tour Day 4: Fairy Meadows – Raikot Bridge
- After early morning breakfast we checkout and hike back towards Tato village where our jeeps await to take us to Raikot Bridge.
- Upon reaching the bridge, we transfer to our vans and travel down along the KKH.
- We will spend the night at Bisham.
Fairy Meadows Tour Day 5: Raikot Bridge – Chilas/Besham
- From Bisham we resume our journey towards Islamabad passing through Mansehra, Abbottabad and Hevellian we will reach Islamabad at our designated drop off place.
End of the Tour
- Private Air Conditioned Transport as per itinerary
- Vehicle Fuel & All Toll Taxes
- Jeep for Fairy Meadows portion
- Accommodation in standard hotels (Sharing Basis)
- Daily Pakistani Breakfast
- Guide for Complete Tour
- Basic First Aid Kit
- Late checkout, if different from standard checkout time
- Personal insurance of clients/luggage
- Porter for personal luggage
- Meals other than breakfast
- Laundry, beverages & phone calls or other expenses of personal nature
- Extra expenses due to the acts of nature and political reasons etc.
- Medical aid, evacuation or extra expenses in emergencies
- Any item not mentioned above